Physical Education Programs
The mission of the Physical Education Instructional Program is to provide the Yale Community and guests with a comprehensive set of learning experiences in sport, exercise, dance and physical wellness within an elective format. The scope of the program is broad and provides depth and variety of instruction appropriate for all levels of ability.
Physical Education Programmatic Goals:
- Provide the participant an opportunity to rejuvenate and renew through active participation in a variety of leisure activities.
- Provide a nurturing learning environment to maximize skill development.
- Provide opportunities for increased fitness levels through active participation.
- Provide an enhanced sense of physical and mental well-being.
- Provide the opportunity to fully experience the present, therefore providing clarity and focus for the challenges of the future.
The unique contributions made by the Physical Education Instructional Program to the concept of “body and mind in balance” are rooted in the program’s diversity, its universal accessibility to the Yale Community, and its presentation of opportunities for physical activity in the absence of a strictly competitive format. We encourage all members of the Yale Community to experience the joy and personal enrichment that these wonderful programs can offer to one’s life.
The entire Yale Community is welcomed to all classes ! All Yale faculty, staff and spouses/partners are welcomed to our classes this Summer. The “non-member” rate listed is for those Yale community people who are not currently Payne Whitney Gym members.
Refund Policy: Requests for refunds will be pro-rated and must be made in person at Payne Whitney Gym, Room 509. Hours for refunds are: Monday-Friday, 2pm-4:45pm. Deadline for refunds is Friday September 19. No refunds will be issued thereafter, except for medical reasons (documentation may be required).
Information Hotline: Please email us at email@example.com if you have questions about any of our classes.