Guideline and Policy Statement
The Yale University Department of Campus Recreation encourages and embraces the diverse recreation, leisure, and wellness needs of our community. Our support of and ability to permit activities and behaviors may be limited and impacted by the following:
- The health and safety of both the individual(s) and/or others.
- The impact on others and their ability to enjoy, utilize or access our facilities, programs, and services.
- The impact or damage to our facilities and/or equipment.
The Department of Campus Recreation reserves to make final judgments for any items not directly addressed in the guidelines and policies below. Members can e-mail email@example.com for additional information or questions about PWG Group Fitness & Wellness Classes.
The Department of Campus Recreation reserves the right to update, alter, or add guidelines and policies at any time. It is the responsibility of our members, guests, and participants to comply with the information listed below.
General Guidelines & Policies
- Participants are highly encouraged to arrive to class on time. For certain classes, due to the importance of a sufficient warm-up period, participants who arrive after the warm-up period will not be permitted entry to class.
- Participants are highly encouraged to stay for the entire duration of the class to ensure participation in the proper cool-down phase.
- The Department of Campus Recreation reserves the right to adjust the schedule, class formats and instructors when necessary.
- Participants must silence cell phones and may not use cell phones during class.
- The Department of Campus Recreation reserves the right to deny/cancel enrollment/participation based on guidelines for Discipline, Suspension, and Loss of Privileges.
- Appropriate athletic footwear/attire is required at all times. Appropriate footwear is closed-toe, closed-heel non-marking athletic shoes. Sneakers are strongly recommended. Exceptions may be made for certain programs/activities. Hard-soled, closed-toe athletic shoes or cycling shoes are recommended for all spinning and indoor cycling classes. Shoe removal may be appropriate in Yoga and/or certain dance formats, at the instructor’s discretion.
- Registration will open on the dates specified for each semester/summer.
- Members are encouraged to register online via MyRec.
- Members are encouraged to ensure their Spectrum username and password are working and valid prior to online registration.
- In-person registration for can be accommodated by scheduling an appointment with Membership Services.
- Once registration is opened it will remain open until maximum class enrollments are reached.
- Maximum enrollment for each class is dependent on what equipment will be utilized for the class, current COVID guidelines, and to provide an effective environment for participants and instructor.
Group Fitness Class Passes
- Group Fitness Passes enables members to attend any and all classes of which their pass is eligible.
- Classes can only accommodate a maximum of participants based on the number of spots available. Registration and participation are available on a first come, first serve basis via registration on MyRec.
Class Cancellations & Refunds
- For Instructional Classes, participants may request a full refund within 14 days of the first scheduled class of which they are enrolled. After the 14-day window for full refunds has passed, participants may request a prorated refund. Prorated refunds will require documentation from the participant’s healthcare provider stating that they can no longer participate in the class.
- For Group Fitness Passes, participants may request a full refund within 10 days of the first scheduled class of which they are enrolled. After the 10-day window for full refunds has passed, participants may request a prorated refund. Prorated refunds will require documentation from the participant’s healthcare provider stating that they can no longer participate in the class.
- For Instructional Classes, each semester there will be a designated week for make-up classes which were rescheduled due to inclement weather or instructor cancellation. Refunds will not be provided for classes which are rescheduled.
- For Instructional Classes, if classes are canceled and cannot be rescheduled, participants will receive a pro-rated refund based on the number of classes which were canceled.
- For Group Fitness Class Passes, participants will not be refunded for classes canceled due to inclement weather or instructor cancellation unless the total number of canceled classes for the semester/summer exceeds 25% of the total number of scheduled classes. In event of this scenario participants will receive a prorated refund.
- In the event of an Emergency or Extended Closure, the Department of Campus Recreation will base refunds on the guidelines outlined in the PWG Emergency and Extended Closures.