Payne Whitney Gym Summer Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 8am - 1pm and 3pm - 8pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 2pm.
*All hours of operation are subject to change.
The following areas of the gym will be open for use, by reservation for in-residence Undergraduate, Graduate and Professional Students ONLY:
Israel Fitness Center, weight Side: Maximum of 15 patrons per time slot.
Israel Fitness Center, cardio Side: Maximum of 15 patrons per time slot.
Third Floor Practice Pool: Maximum of 10 swimmers per time slot. 1 swimmer per lane.
- All time slots begin on the hour
- Maximum of 45 minutes per workout
- Patrons will not be allowed to combine weight and cardio workouts in the same time slot
- All users must present their Yale ID at the lobby desk before entering
Special COVID Guidelines: The following guidelines will be in effect at all times, while using the gym:
- Social Distancing (6 feet) must be maintained at all times in all areas of the facility.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times and can only be removed in pool area while swimming. *This policy remains in effect after July 6.
- Members will be expected to follow all direction of staff members and signage regarding proper use and cleaning of equipment, as well as observing proper traffic patterns and directional signage throughout all areas of the facility.
- All scooters and skateboards must be stored in the lobby. Bikes must be stored on the racks outside.
- Anyone not following PWG guidelines will be asked to leave.