Guideline and Policy Statement
The Yale University Department of Campus Recreation encourages and embraces the diverse recreation, leisure, and wellness needs of our community. Our support of and ability to permit activities and behaviors may be limited and impacted by the following:
- The health and safety of both the individual(s) and/or others.
- The impact on others and their ability to enjoy, utilize or access our facilities, programs, and services.
- The impact or damage to our facilities and/or equipment.
The Department of Campus Recreation reserves to make final judgments for any items not directly addressed in the guidelines and policies below. Members can e-mail email@example.com for additional information or questions about PWG Membership, Guest Passes, or Locker Rentals.
The Department of Campus Recreation reserves the right to update, alter, or add guidelines and policies at any time. It is the responsibility of our members, guests, and participants to comply with the information listed below.
Membership Payments & Billing
Membership and Locker Cancellationsn
Membership and Locker Rental Refund Requests
Hours of Operation
PWG Guidelines and Policies
PWG Membership is open to fully vaccinated individuals. Click Here to view Yale University visitor and vaccination guidelines.
Individuals who wish to enroll in a new PWG Membership or who are reactivating an expired/cancelled/suspended PWG Membership must visit the PWG Membership Service office.
PWG offers membership pricing options including Paid in Full, Month to Month, and Continous (via a recurring fee billed to the member’s credit/card).
Paid in Full Memberships
Paid in Full payments be made via cash, check or credit/debit card.
Payments for Paid in Full Memberships via credit/debit card will typically be charged within 7-10 business days from the date of transaction.
Agreement Billing Memberships
Agreement Billing Memberships must provide a credit/debit card for payment.
Billing for Agreement Billing Membership occurs between the 1st and 5th of each month. Payments via credit/debit card will typically be charged within 7-10 business days from the date of transaction.
Notifications for cancellation of memberships and locker rentals must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information must include member/guest name; Yale Net or member ID; reason for request; dates for requested refund; and any other pertinent information.
Once received, members will be notified via email of the receipt and processing of their cancellation within five business days. Any balance owed past the cancellation date will be refunded to the member. Refund payments may take up to 30 days for processing.
Agreement Billing Monthly Memberships
Cancellations for Agreement Billing Memberships must be requested in writing to email@example.com before the billing process occurs. If a member cancels prior to the billing process, they will not be billed for that month. Members are strongly advised to email their cancellations requests at least 5 business days prior to the first of the month to avoid being billed for the month.
Agreement Billing Memberships canceled after the first of the month will be assessed a $25 cancellation fee. The $25 Cancellation Fee will be deducted from the pro-rated balance owed to the member.
Paid in Full Memberships
Cancellations for Agreement Billing Memberships must be requested in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations for Paid in Full Memberships will be prorated from the date of receipt of cancellation notification.
Members with Paid in Full who elect to cancel prior to the date of their expiration date will be assessed a $25 Cancellation Fee. The $25 Cancellation Fee will be deducted from the balance owed to the member.
Cancellations for Locker Rentals must be requested in writing to email@example.com. Cancellations for Locker Rentals will be prorated from the date of receipt of cancellation notification.
Members with Lockers Rentals who elect to cancel prior to the date of their expiration date will be assessed a $25 Cancellation Fee. The $25 Cancellation Fee will be deducted from the balance owed to the member.
Requests for refunds of memberships and locker rentals must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information must include member/guest name; Yale Net or member ID; reason for request; dates for requested refund; and any other pertinent information.
Decisions for refunds will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the Associate Athletic Director – PWG and Campus Recreation.
Campus Recreation will not provide refunds for the following:
- Lack of use
- Failure by the member to cancel their membership or locker rental
- Failure by the member to notify Membership Services of a change in their employment or any other causes which would justify a change to their PWG Membership Category/Status
- Unhappiness or displeasure from and including but not limited to services offered, facilities, hours of operation, fees, staff etc.
- Scheduled closures and adjusted hours of operation
- Emergency closures and adjusted hours of operation
- Misconduct by other members, guests, or visitors, including but not limited to theft, harassment, disputes, etc.
- Suspension/termination of a membership due to violation of Campus Recreation or Yale University polices or guidelines
Prior to the activation or purchase of a membership or locker rental individuals are encouraged to schedule a guided tour of PWG and recreational spaces, visit our website for general polices and guidelines, and seek more information from Membership Services as needed.
PWG Scheduled Closures and Adjusted Hours of Operation
As PWG operates within Yale University’s Academic and Official Holiday Calendar members can expect closures and/or adjusted during designated University Recesses and Holidays. Additionally, PWG undergoes several closures for routine facility maintenance throughout the calendar year.
- Closures and/or adjusted hours of operation will be posted to our website no less than 5 business days prior to date in which PWG is closed or hours are adjusted.
- When PWG is closed or adjusted, hours for the 3rd Floor Pool and Brady Squash Center will also be affected.
- Campus Recreation reserves the right to adjust standard/academic year hours of operation as they deem necessary.
- PWG memberships will not be refunded or prorated during scheduled closures and/or adjusted hours.
PWG Emergency Closures and Adjusted Hours of Operation
Unscheduled/urgent maintenance, inclement/severe weather, staffing shortages, and other unforeseen events may cause closures or adjusted hours for PWG and the spaces within.
- Campus Recreation will work with our university partners and staff as needed to reduce impact to members and to the best of our abilities and resources. Each scenario will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- PWG memberships will not be refunded or prorated during emergency closures and/or adjusted hours.
PWG Extended Closures
Extended closures refer to when PWG or spaces within will be closed for an indefinite length of time due to factors beyond scheduled or emergency closures, i.e. the closure during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In event for extended closures of PWG and spaces within, Campus Recreation will seek guidance from the University administration on the extent, length, impact, and other factors to develop a timeline and return to operation.
- PWG memberships will be refunded or prorated during extended closures based upon guidance from the University administration and the factors listed above. Each scenario will be handled on a case-by-case basis.